Where has music taken all of these talented Grand Prize winners? PSHA has been able to locate a few of those talented young musicians and here are some of their stories (as of August 2010).
- Jose Gonzalez, 2008 Grand Prize winner, now the principal Clarinetist at the San Francisco Opera
- Abel Delgado (2000) currently holds the position of Assistant Conductor for the YMF Debut Orchestra, and leads them in performances and outreach concerts periodically. He has also served as the conductor for a 2005 Grammy’s event honoring Esa-Pekka Salonen. In addition, Abel has conducted the USC Symphony, the Chamber Ensemble of Rome, has served as Assistant Conductor for Jorge Mester and the Pasadena Symphony, as well as, Michael Tilson Thomas at Disney Hall. When not in performance, Abel serves as the Executive Director of The Harmony Project, a non-profit organization that offers music education to underserved children in Los Angeles and its surrounding areas. He also works closely with the Young Musicians Foundation (YMF), functioning as the Outreach Coordinator for the programs partnership with Nestlé USA, and serving as a faculty member for their Summer Orchestra camp, acting as the Assistant Conductor and flute instructor.
- Felix Fan (1992) studied with Yo Yo Ma & Janos Starker. Currently he is with "Theatre of the New Ear" and has performed with the Pacific, Syracuse, San Diego, Hong Kong Philharmonic and Taiwan National Symphony, among others.
- Richard O'Neill (1999) won while attending USC is currently pursuing his Master's at Julliard and is a member of the Chamber Music Society of Lincoln Center.
- Jonathan Karoly (1996) began with the LAPA in the 1997/98 season as their youngest member and is still performing with the LAPA.
Email competition@PasadenaShowcase.org with updates.